Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Regis High School - Interview with Patrick Fitzgerald

I posted this mostly because it is an article from a high school newspaper which I think is really cool. The power of the information age. It is actually a well written and interesting article too.

via Crooks and Liars

Regis High School:

"Though the pecuniary reward as private attorney would be much greater, Fitzgerald has pursued the noble path of a federal prosecutor. I think that people do not realize that when you are a private lawyer, your obligation is to serve your client, says Fitzgerald. If your client wants to do something, you have to take that position even if it's a position that you don't agree with.

As a federal prosecutor, my job every day is to do the right thing, emphasized Fitzgerald. Working in the federal government is a learning experience and I feel like I am always on the side to pursue justice. Fitzgerald warns, In the private sector, you make a lot more money [than in the public sector], but it is a lot less interesting and you do not have the luxury of making your own decisions."

No comments: