Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Boyce of the Blogosphere

James Boyce: My Name Is James And I'm A Blogger
The Huffington Post

Yesterday in the NY Times, David Carr continued to perpetuate a myth about bloggers, in this case claiming the media was the realm of those who rant from their basement. Whether it be describing bloggers as lefty lunatics, or losers typing in their pajamas, mainstream media writers are continuing the tradition of decades past when the emerging media is panned, criticized and haughtily dismissed by the guardians of a crumbling legacy world.

This is particularily galling to me, not just because I am proudly one of the "700 bloggers you've never heard of" that post here on the Huffington Post, but because I know many of the prominent bloggers in the Progressive and Democratic arena and during my time on the Kerry Campaign, I met many of the mainstream journalists and I am here to tell you - I'm with the bloggers.

But who are the bloggers? Who are these random people with small black and white pictures on the HuffPost and other sites? Why should you listen to them, to me, for that matter?

Read more ...

No comments: